Madge's Melody Monkey

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 9 - Final Thoughts

This course has really opened my eyes to just how 'behind' the general classroom (no matter the topic or course) is in today's technological world. One thing in particular that has stuck with since the first week is how students feel when school requires them to go to a book and research and then write a report, long hand. But, in real life, the kids are surfing the internet, blogging, etc...things that many of us teachers aren't even doing yet. Thank goodness, due to this course, I now understand blogging, and how to use many of the tools that are available out there.

I plan on using my knowledge to creat videos/pics of song/stories to help my students to learn knew songs, different genres and composers. I am very glad that I chose this course for my summer training. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you feel that this has been beneficial. If I can help next year let me know. I am only a phone call away! x13242

    ReplyDelete